Parent Teacher Organization
Volunteering on the Parent Teacher Organizatio
n (PTO) is an invaluable way to support the quality educational experience at Black Butte School by volunteering, raising funds, engaging the community, and helping with special projects. All families and interested community members are welcomed and encouraged to participate! If you are interested please contact PTO president, Rachel Gonzalez at PTOpresident@blackbutte.k12.or.us.
The PTO serves four main purposes:
1) Raise funds: supports school field trips, teacher appreciation gifts, extras to enrich the classroom and school experience (ex. pizza parties, end of the year BBQ, etc), and additional needs not included in the school budget (ex. costumes and props for performances and extra classroom supplies).
- Holiday wreath sales are the biggest fundraiser of the year, typically raising $5000 for the school!
- Boxtops for Education are collected.
- BBS t-shirts and sweatshirts sold
- Pancake Breakfast fundraiser
- Gear Swap rundraiser
- Jog-a-thon fundraiser
2) Connect the students with the community: through events, meals, volunteer opportunities, and service projects.
- Community Gear Swap with Hike-N-Peaks
- Winter and spring programs
- Community stewardship days in the spring: raking community trails and yard work for community members in need
- Memorial Day Pancake Breakfast
3) Volunteer at school: for special activities, school trips, parties, and as needed.
- Assist with classes as needed
- Halloween Party
- Family ski day
- Set up/take down for winter and spring programs
- End of year field day & BBQ
4) Help with Special Projects: lead and assist with special projects