Mission & Goals
Create in partnership with our community a learning environment which produces participation, creativity, problem solving, and an awareness of the changing nature of opportunities in the 21st century.
To develop in each child a curiosity and enthusiasm for learning in a spirit of confidence, sensitivity, responsibility, and critical awareness in a community centered school.
Black Butte School strives to educate students who:
- have a strong sense of place and feel connected to the people and environments around them,
- can confidently apply skills in math and literacy to real world situations,
- are life-long learners curious about the world they live in,
- take personal responsibility for their actions and education, and
- are leaders for positive change in their communities.